Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Extreme Couponing... Started it all.

Okay.

I don't know if you guys have heard of, or have watched TLC's Extreme Couponing show.  I was immediately intrigued and amazed and scared by it.  But, I was also inspired.  If (at the very extreme side) these people can get such amazing deals, why am I not couponing?  WHY am I not COUPONING?!


... Well, I am now.  I am pretty proud and excited by my first ever coupon / double coupon trip.  I thought I'd share how I did with you guys.  Oh, and pictures, too!

Here's my binder:



Here's me in the jean jacket I rocked today.





Trip #1 - Walgreens



Total = $79.23
With coupons, I paid $31.71
Savings of $47.52 (60% savings)
(I also got a $4 coupon good toward my next trip at Walgreens.)


Trip #2 - Pick N Save




See?  Couponing doesn't immediately mean unhealthy stuff.  Every one of the Ronzoni Healthy pastas in there (Garden Delight, Smart Taste) were FREE.  Tons of Honey Bunches of Oats, and Healthy Choice meals.  I also scored some great white albacore tuna and some diced tomatoes.  Also, got my favorite Crystal Light and Oats Revolution (these were both $.25 each!)


(Pick N Save only doubles up to 5 coupons on their Double Daze (this week,) so I had to break it down into three transactions to get the most savings.)

Transaction #1
Total = $54.81
With coupons, I paid $19.60
Savings of $35.21 (65% savings)


Transaction #1
Total = $44.91
With coupons, I paid $18.05
Savings of $26.86 (60% savings)


Transaction #1
Total = $35.25
With coupons, I paid $15.18
Savings of $20.10 (58% savings)


TOTAL shopping today = $214.23
I paid $84.54
($129.69 savings = 61% savings)


So, obviously I love couponing now.  I don't know if I can ever go back to NOT saving money.  I'll share my trips with you guys here.  :)


So, do any of you guys coupon?  What are your favorite tricks and tips?


~J

No comments:

Post a Comment